Our Cookie Policy

HappyGiftsForKids and carefully selected third parties use cookies on this site to improve performance, for analytics and to show you offers tailored to your interests on our site and third party sites. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Privacy Policy

As an Amazon Associate and affiliate with other third parties, HappyGiftsForKids earn from qualifying purchases and display advertisements.

Research >> HappyGiftsForKids >> Best PlayDoh Sets for Toddlers >> Play-Doh - Can you eat it?
Search more Products
Top 100 Amazon Best Sellers Toys and Games
Amazon Holiday Toy List
Cheap Discount Toys Online (Valid until Friday 10/08/2021)

Play-Doh - Can you eat it?


Play-Doh modeling compound is a soft putty used by children to play that’s non-toxic, and it doesn’t have any harmful content in its composition.

It’s meant to be played with and not to be eaten, and you could explain it to your kid if they’re already capable of understanding it. That Play-Doh should not be eaten since it could be a choking hazard.

A small amount of Play-Doh eaten won’t post any danger, but if a large amount was ingested, a kid might experience a minor upset stomach or loose vowel may occur.

Even though Play-Doh is harmless if your kid eats a little bit, it’s better to avoid it altogether. Parents should closely supervise their younger kids when playing Play-Doh.

Kids could also detest their taste after they tasted it, and they won’t try it again!

Just make sure to brief and discourage your kid to eat Play-Doh and tell him and her the purpose of it is to be played and molded.

How to make sure your kid doesn’t eat Play-Doh?

The taste of the dough is not that pleasant, although it’s non-toxic, and most kids won’t try to taste or eat it again.

But how could you make sure your kid won’t eat Play-Doh?

  • Give your kid Play-Doh when he or she turns 3-4 years old.
  • Be there to supervise your kid when he or she is playing with Play-Doh
  • Keep the Play-doh out of his or her reach when not in play
  • Make your kid understand that eating Play-Doh could be harmful

Play-Doh compound is non-toxic, non-irritating and non-allergenic except for children who are allergic to wheat gluten may have an allergic reaction to it.

What should you do if your kid ate Play-Doh?

Give your kid some water if your kid doesn’t experience any symptoms at all after eating some Play-Doh.

Vomiting or constipation could occur if large quantities are eaten.

You should take precautionary measures if your child experiences these symptoms such as vomiting more than once, persistent diarrhea, and choking. You should call your local Poison Center.

You can find Play-Doh toys on Amazon.

Copyright © HappyGiftsForKids 2021. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Echofavor
Copyright © HappyGiftsForKids 2021. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Echofavor